Sunday, May 2, 2010

Recipe 12: Mac N' Cheese


Despite having blogged photos for the past month, I actually have been keeping up with my new year's resolution...kind of.

I made this mac and cheese in early March, when it was still kind of cold and rainy. Perfect antidote to the weather. I used the recipe in my trusty favorite cookbook - Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. It's a great cookbook, easy recipes for novice cooks with tricker add-ins for those that would like to experiment. Luckily for anyone who might want to make this macaroni and cheese, the recipe is also online here. I didn't have quite enough milk and my sauce was already pretty thick so I thinned it out with a 1/4 cup-ish of white wine. Yummy.

(Please excuse the photo, I need to take a photography class or something to help resolve my lighting issues - or maybe I should stop trying to take food photos at night in my dark dining room!)

No comments: