Amazingly, I left without seeing the Eiffel Tower even once. A crime, I know. I realized on Sunday that despite spending two days strolling along the Seine with my friend, we'd kept our backs to the famous landmark accidentally the whole time. A shame since it must've looked fabulous in the gorgeous blue sky days. We spent Friday mainly in the 5th and 6th arrondissements, wandering through the open shops and dark alleys, admiring (some) of the artistic French graffiti.
Paris was hot but it was no canicule of 2003 (the famous heatwave that killed hundreds and left me sleeping on office couches for nearly two weeks). We had breeze and the shade of french cafes.
For dinner, we headed to the Relais de l'Entrecote for a delicious dinner of steak et frites. This restaurant is such a favorite, I go nearly every time I'm in Paris to get some of the mouth-watering green mystery sauce.
And bien sur, our Friday night ended and weekend began at the Moose. When I took my friends there last January, I didn't know a soul in the bar but was happily surprised to see old friends on either side of the bar this weekend - one of them a bartender I've now official known for six years! Wow! Luckily, the perks of knowing a bartender were still in full effect and it felt just like old times as my friend and I chatted in our old hang-out.
Le Relais de l'Entrecote: 20, rue Saint-Benoit (6eme arrondissement)
No comments:
Post a Comment