Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Boring Update from a Boring Home Leave

Obviously, I made it and had a successful surgery.

I'm a little under two weeks out from recovery and doing pretty well. Gallbladder removal is done laproscopically so it's a less-invasive procedure. That said, the first five days after the surgery were basically miserable...I was afraid I'd made a huge mistake and that I'd never feel normal again! That passed (thank you, Vicodin, for your help) and while I'm not 100% (still hurts to sneeze and yawn, plus I have to watch how quickly I sit and generally move my abdomen) I'm doing pretty good.

That said, it SO NICE to be sick back in America. Here, I can communicate with doctors and pharmacists with ease, pick up familiar products from the grocery shelves, and watch endless episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker and Keeping up with the Kardashians. So great.

This week is the end of home leave for me (some home leave, I've been no fun to anyone around me though I was spoiled being cared for by my husband, parents, and sister) and I am trying to fit in house-hunting along with random things like finding a dog-walker, arranging for a CSA, medical follow-ups, and receiving our UAB. No complaints though - it's definitely nice to not be working and not be sick - all at the same time!

No comments: